It's been almost 3 months since you last heard from me, don't worry, I wasn't mauled by lions or cannibals or anything like that.
For once, I actually have news to tell you. Most people already know, but I figure I'll make it official and put it out here.
So first up, here's the really huge news: I used a nose hair trimmer for the first time. It felt weird at first, but it's not so bad once you get used to it. Wait, there was something else, something even bigger... I bought a PS3. Blu-ray movies are amazing. Wait, still something more, let me think... hmm, what was it? Oh that's right... If on October 2nd you thought the world might be coming to an end, you were right. I asked Sam to marry me and she said yes! I know, I couldn't believe it either. It was an awesome day. The ring that I bought (7/8 carat solitaire with a white gold band) came with some chocolate pearl earings, which she liked too. So, here's how it all went down:
That night we already had plans to go see Cake in concert, which was a great show, btw. After work, we were meeting at my apartment and then heading up to Baltimore for the show, so I knew she'd need to change, so I put the earings on my bathroom sink, with the box open. My plan is that she would see them and ask where I got them or why or something. Unfortunately, she didn't notice the earings. So when she came out of the bathroom I asked "Did you notice anything in there? Maybe on the sink?" She replied with "No, should I have noticed something? Did you clean?" So, I got her to go back in and look, then she saw the earings. So I said, there's a story about those. She asked what it was, but as she asked, she handed me her clothes to hang up for her, then she said "maybe I don't want to know it" and I thought, Crap, this is a bad idea... screw it! I'm asking anyways. So I asked "Will you marry me?" (and showed the ring) She said yes, and I said "Really?" she confirmed that yes, she actually did want to marry me. I was super giddy for the rest of the night. She's amazing, did I mention that?
We've set a date and plans are coming along nicely, venue, dj, florist, photographer, pastor and whatnot are all booked now. So, for mother's day, I'll be getting my mom a daughter in law. Woohoo!
Pretty awesome.
So now onto other bloggy things. When I die, I'd like my body to be given to cannibals. More people should do that, that way the cannibals can eat and not feel bad about it. See, I'm so nice.
Work is... work. I did tell my least favorite co-worker (LFC?) to eat me. That was fun. He's scared of me now. I don't like him... at all. The rest of the job is ok. Hell, in this economy, I'm glad to have a job. I'd like more money and a secretary, but I'll live.
You should check out Apocalyptica. They do some amazing Metallica covers.
Raisinets should be eaten out of the fridge, Thin Mints out of the freezer. If you disagree you're a communist. Sorry you had to find out this way.
I need some sort of aggression outlet or anger management classes or something. I feel angry... a lot. If somebody cuts me off on the way to work, my whole day is shot and I'll be grumpy all day. On the plus side, I'm one of the more hilarious angry people that you'll meet. On the negative side, I don't think constantly wanting to set people on fire is a healthy way to live. Not sure what the solution is, but I need to think of something. Suggestions?
I'm sort of a mysogynist. I'm sorry. I know that 99% of the people who read this are women, and I don't hate you, honest. I just get much angrier towards women then men. I actually have a few really good reasons for this. It really is a reaction to life. I'll tell you the story someday, then you'll understand, and we can walk a mile in each other's moccasins, and you'll get my athletes foot and hate me too. Yay!
My cat and my soon to be step-dog do not get along. Cat is scared of dog, but if he comes near her, she swipes at him. Made him bleed last time. She hisses and growls and warns him to stay away, unfortunately though, he's deaf. Hopefully it'll get better the more they see each other.
Sorry for doing a horrible job of telling my engagement story.
Thanksgiving was awesome. My fiance and I went to my parents house. Food was awesome, watched a little football and then played scrabble. I actually won. First time that I've ever beat my dad. I should probably retire at this point.
Playing soccer again, it's fun. Sometimes I get a little angsty and people get offended, but all in all, we have good times.
Man I love brownies. I'm going to go eat one now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This was a post worth the wait. Congratulations to you!
We just got your "save the date" card. Very crafty (and cute).
I've been watching Dexter online. He kind of reminds me of you. I was debating telling you that but I figured it would make you really happy to know :)
you:will you marry me?
Her:yes
you:really?
honestly that is my favorite engagement story of all time!!
if my future love to be said no, I'd simply send her back to china in the box she came in.
Post a Comment