Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hello

So, I was at Target yesterday and for some reason the interaction with the cashier just seemed awkward. I don't know why. I don't know if she was expecting more or less conversation or what. It's hard to be sure really. Well that got me thinking, what are some other awkward moments. I think paying a hooker has to be up there. Granted, I've never interacted with a hooker other than giving one a ride one time (different story for a different time) and I don't condone hookering or giving them business. But how awkward is that? You get done and then... "So, how much do I owe you?" Is that a tipping situation? These are the things that college doesn't tell you. Especially my college.
I think hitting somebody's dog with your car and then having to go up their front door and tell them is pretty awkward too. Again, so many questions, do you bring the dog carcass with you, or do you leave it in the street? Do you try some small talk first or just burst out with "I hit your dog and now he's dead, I'm sorry, bye." Again, where's the etiquette book for that?
Anyways, so this is my stupid little blog. I'll get bored within a month, enjoy the 3 or 4 entries that I post and feel free to let me know how much it sucks.
The end.

PS last 3 movies I've seen: Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder. Go see them all, right now.

7 comments:

Shaun Smithson said...

that moment after the doc finishes the exam and gets up to leave is always INCREDIBLY awkward. Inevitably, they say, "Any questions?" And you're standing/sitting there half naked willing them to just leave.

you crack me up. don't get bored too soon.

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

oops, that was me... on shaun's comp.

Brent Sacks said...

AHAHA! Cameron that was so utterly hilarious, I am officially a fan.

Check out my profile on Facebook and look for the Bumper Sticker of a cake that says "Sorry I ran over your baby" with a picture of a car splattering a baby drawn in icing. Reminded me of one of your awkward moments.

amy@flexibledreams said...

"Is that a tipping situation?" HAHA!

Please don't get bored too soon.

Unknown said...

"Especially my college."

So true, so true. And I don't think Blackie Scott had anything to say about the dog situation either...

Kris said...

More blog posts please!!!!

Original Cloober said...

Mass reply:

Jen/Shaun... Jaun? Shen? That does sound awkward. I've found going to the Gastro-Intestiny Doctor to be somewhat awkward as well.

Brent - Thanks. I plan on going to Safeway and seeing if I can get that cake made

Amy - I'll try not too. Laziness is also a factor

Eric - You're absolutely right, she totally failed us.

Kris - Check it. 2 entries!!!